The closing date is 11 June 2021
A full time (30 hours) Prescription Administrator is required to join Ashfield Surgery. This role includes processing prescriptions, Personal Medical Assessments (PMA) and Subject Access requests.
The Practice uses a computer information system (EMIS) for medical records. The Prescription Administrator is to operate in accordance with practice policies.
Full training will be provided.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process repeat prescriptions on a daily basis ensuring compliance with the practice protocol.
- Deal with prescription queries from a range of healthcare professionals including; GPs, nurses, community pharmacists, nursing home staff as well as reception/administration staff at the practice.
· Providing a point of contact for patients with enquiries relating to repeat prescriptions and ensuring that follow-up action is taken.
· Working within practice Repeat Prescriptions Policy, acknowledging and where necessary clarifying written and telephone requests for authorised repeat prescriptions.
· Validating a prescription request and preparing it for a doctor’s authorisation.
· Referring any anomalies to an appropriate doctor where information received is incorrect or insufficient.
- - Be able to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to working within a large Primary Care Team
- - Capable of remaining calm, with consistent accuracy and concentration under pressure
- - Enthusiastic with energy and drive
- Self-motivated but aware of limits of authority
KNOWLEDGE & UNDERSTANDING
- - Medical Terminology knowledge
- - Knowledge of handling data
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- - Excellent communicator both verbally and written demonstrated with people at all levels and in all circumstances
- - An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- Good level of education to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Computer literate with excellent keyboard skills
- - An enquiring mind with a willingness to learn new skills and procedures
- - Self-starter, able to work on own initiative, following set procedures and protocol
- Use of clinical system software e.g. EMIS Web
- - Previous NHS experience ideally within a GP setting